Mountain hut Ftan
Urezzas mountain hut (2011 m. a.s.l.) - Built in 1832, this mountain hut was extended by a stable in 1903. It is a rare and preserved older chalet with a square floor plan and a hipped roof. It dates from the time before the appearance of standardised buildings. In 1909 the hut was partially destroyed by an avalanche, but was rebuilt. It was again extended by a small horse stable in 1916 and renovated twice: in 1975 and 2011.
In the milk cellar, produced cheese could be kept cool on racks. The milk cellar used to be used for sleeping directly above the milk cellar, but with the addition of the horse stable and its conversion in 1922, a small chalet with a parlour, a large bunk bed, a dining table and a bench was created. Produced alpine products, such as goat cheese, were sold directly.
The alp is located in the Val Tasna and can be reached in about 4 hours from Ftan.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp and then by post bus to Ftan
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Paid parking in Scuol or Ftan
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.