Mountain hut Guarda
Chamonna Tuoi CAS/SAC
Show all 7 images
The SAC hut is located at 2250 m a.s.l. in the Tuoital, at the foot of the Piz Buin (3312 m). You can reach the hut in 2.5 hours on a good trail. In summer, the hut is an ideal starting point for climbing the Piz Buin and other easy high-altitude tours. Mountain hikers will also find wonderful paths and destinations. The surroundings of the Chamonna Tuoi are also suitable for children to play.
In 1914, the Chamonna Tuoi CAS/SAC was built just above the Val Tuoi, which is still used for grazing livestock. From the hut you have a fantastic view of the mountain world around the Piz Buin, the third highest mountain in the Silvretta. You can also see the Piz Fliana and the Piz Cotschen, as well as the neighbouring Val Tasna and the Futschöl Pass.
History: A hut that changes lives:
A hut that changes lives - discover the exciting story about the Chamonna Tuoi CAS/SAC on myswitzerland.com.
Preise und alle weiteren Informationen finden Sie unter: tuoi.ch/unsere-preise
The mountain hut is open to the public. You can find out whether the hut is open at:
tuoi.ch / +41 81 862 23 22
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Guarda
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Guarda is located directly above the Engadine road H27 (10 minutes drive from Vereina south portal).
- Parking facilities at the entrance to the village
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.