Cooking school Chasa da fö
Show all 4 images
It stands high up, at 2200 metres above sea level, on Alp Laret in Ftan, the «Chasa da Fö». Which in Rhaeto-Romanic means something like: the house with the fireplace. Here the kitchen team of the Hotel Paradies in Ftan teaches amateur cooks original recipes from the region. Since mid-June 2013, cooking has been particularly airy and cosy in what is probably the highest cooking school in Europe. Because this "Chasa da Fö" is not just any new house, but a traditional meeting place. It is a former pigsty where animals and humans have found shelter for decades.
With love for detail and a lot of manual work, the former stable was converted three years ago. In addition to cosy benches and old wooden tables, there is also a huge wood-burning cooker from 1910. Several generations of Ftan families have immortalised themselves forever in the tabletops. The local construction workers carved their names on the tabletops when they were building the avalanche barriers on the alp. The old charcoal cooker forms the centre of the cooking hut. Everything revolves around it and the name of the hut is also derived from it.
Cooking courses and regional speciality evenings with music, art and culture take place in the «Chasa da Fö».
Prices and further information can be found at paradieshotel.ch
Opening hours and further information can be found at paradieshotel.ch
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Scuol-Tarasp
- Gondola lift to Motta Naluns mountain station
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass, along the Lower Engadine to Scuol
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Scuol
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Scuol
- Parking spaces right next to the valley station of the Motta Naluns cable car in Scuol.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.