Church ruins of San Peder
The church which is not open to the public, stands on a rock on the western edge of the village. It probably dates back to 1173.
The landmark of Sent: the picturesque ruin of the "Baseglia San Peder" on a rocky outcrop at the west entrance of the village. The church was built around 1200, probably in 1173. After the Reformation, it was abandoned and has since fallen into disrepair. Only the old tower in Romanesque style has been preserved. Perhaps because the community had an ammunition and powder magazine in it for a long time.
1856, the ruins of the church came into the private possession of the Corradini family, who have made a living. Andrea Corradini planted the now stately larch on the church hill.
The current owners are the descendants of the Romanesque poet Peider Lansel. Peider Lansel placed the poet's scribble in the upper part of the tower, in which he wrote a series of his most beautiful lyrical poems. He also initiated the first research work on the hill in 1937. Immediately south of the church, the foundations of a defensive tower with a thickness of 2.5 m were found, built around the year 1000. It was probably the seat that was named "von Sindes" by the middle of the 12th century.
- Mit der Rhätischen Bahn (von Chur, Landquart/Prättigau oder aus dem Oberengadin) stündlich bis Scuol-Tarasp
- Mit dem PostAuto (ab Scuol, Ftan, Martina, Sent, Vulpera, Tarasp, Ramosch, Vnà)
- Direkte PostAuto Verbindung ab Bahnhof Scuol Tarasp
- Von Norden über Landquart – Klosters per Autoverlad durch den Vereinatunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) oder über den Flüelapass ins Unterengadin nach Sent
- Von Osten: via Landeck / Österreich in Richtung St. Moritz
- Von Süden: via Reschenpass (Nausers-Martina) oder Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez)
- unmittelbar bei der Gäste-Information Sent
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.