Show all 3 images
This spring is located on the right side of the Inn between Ardez and Scuol and can be reached on foot over a bridge from the Engadinerstrasse. The overflow, over which the mineral water flows into the Inn, is clearly visible. Over time, a large tufa of a remarkable reddish colour has formed from the sediments.
Sodium Na+: 510 mg/l
Potassium K+: 31 mg/l
Calcium Ca2+: 790 mg/l
Magnesium Mg2+: 96 mg/l
Iron Fe2+: 11 mg/l
Chloride Cl-: 25 mg/l
Hydrogen carbonate HCO3-: 3920 mg/l
Sulphate SO42-: 187 mg/l
On site at the springs the information is given in Romansh and German. The information in English can be downloaded here. Alternatively, a printed version is available from the Scuol visitor information centre.
Accessible from spring to autumn
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), which leaves hourly from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau and Upper Engadin, and get out at Scuol-Tarasp
- Continue by Postbus with hourly service to the Postbus stop Tarasp, Fontana
From the Postbus stop about 30 minutes walk to the spring
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters on the car transporter train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Lower Engadin on the H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria towards St. Moritz on the H27
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders – Martina) or the Ofen Pass (Val Müstair – Zernez) on the H27
The spring lies over a bridge directly on the Engadinerstrasse H27 (20-minute drive from the Vereina tunnel’s southern entrance).
Parking is available at the spring directly at the Engadinerstrasse
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.