Show all 3 images
This spring is located on the right side of the Inn between Ardez and Scuol and can be reached on foot over a bridge from the Engadinerstrasse. The overflow, over which the mineral water flows into the Inn, is clearly visible. Over time, a large tufa of a remarkable reddish colour has formed from the sediments.
Sodium Na+: 510 mg/l
Potassium K+: 31 mg/l
Calcium Ca2+: 790 mg/l
Magnesium Mg2+: 96 mg/l
Iron Fe2+: 11 mg/l
Chloride Cl-: 25 mg/l
Hydrogen carbonate HCO3-: 3920 mg/l
Sulphate SO42-: 187 mg/l
On site at the springs the information is given in Romansh and German. The information in English can be downloaded here. Alternatively, a printed version is available from the Scuol visitor information centre.
Accessible from spring to autumn
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), which leaves hourly from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau and Upper Engadin, and get out at Scuol-Tarasp
- Continue by Postbus with hourly service to the Postbus stop Tarasp, Fontana
From the Postbus stop about 30 minutes walk to the spring
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters on the car transporter train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Lower Engadin on the H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria towards St. Moritz on the H27
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders – Martina) or the Ofen Pass (Val Müstair – Zernez) on the H27
The spring lies over a bridge directly on the Engadinerstrasse H27 (20-minute drive from the Vereina tunnel’s southern entrance).
Parking is available at the spring directly at the Engadinerstrasse
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.