Church of San Flurin Ramosch
Show all 5 images
Formerly, the sacral building served as a pilgrimage church, to which people made pilgrimages because of the legend of a pastor named Florinus, who had been pastor in Ramosch in the seventh century and worked miracles. The name does not go back to St. Florian von Lorch.
The Florinus Church is a late Gothic church building. Remarkable is the wall-tabernacle on the left side of the choir room.
In 1499 during the Swabian War, the church was looted by the Austrians and partially destroyed. The church underwent several renovations: in 1522 with the new building, 1750, 1805 and 1907. In 1926, the unsightly and only makeshift tower helmet, which had replaced the destroyed tower together with the bells after the great Ramosvillage fire of 16 July 1880, was removed and the present one was put on.
The FlorinusKirche is a cantonal monument. It is open to the public throughout.
After years of the pastoral community with Tschlin, Ramosch has been merged with the other parishes on the territory of the political community of Valsot since 1 January 2013 and belongs to the Colloquium VIII Engiadina Bassa - Val Müstair.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Scuol-Tarasp.
- With PostBus from Scuol to Ramosch.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
From Scuol you can reach Ramosch on the Engadinerstrasse in the direction of Martina.
- Free parking available at the entrance to the village.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.