Church of Vna
Show all 3 images
The time of origin of the present church building lies in the dark. After the Grisons turmoil in the middle of the 17th century and throughout the 18th century, there were great tensions with the neighbouring Ramosch, because the Bündner Synod had granted Vna its own pastor, but the much larger Ramosch made this agreement difficult with various conditions. The disadvantage for Vna was, among other things, that the village does not have its own cemetery and thus every funeral was an official act in which Ramosch was involved.
The church tower with a single-storey bell room and a two-part opening of the same in each direction carries a rather flat tent roof over eyelashes. The floor plan of the nave covered with a canopy is strikingly asymmetrical. The sound-lidless pulpit concludes the choir, separated by a round arch from the church room and covered by a filigree net vault, in the middle of which is the baptismal table, on which the sacrament is also celebrated after reformed Bündner custom. A small round window in the choir shows the opened Bible and thus emphasizes the reformatory principle "Sola scriptura". In 1963, as part of a restoration, murals were uncovered and preserved.
Vna formed a parish with Ramosch for a long time and was also in a pastoral community with Tschlin, Strada and Martina. Since 1 January 2014, a merged parish of Valsot has existed. It belongs to the Colloquium VIII Engiadina Bassa – Val Müstair in the Protestant-reformed church of Graubünden.
- Mit der Rhätischen Bahn (von Chur, Landquart/Prättigau oder aus dem Oberengadin) bis nach Scuol-Tarasp.
- Mit dem PostAuto von Scuol aus nach Ramosch/Vnà.
- Von Norden: über Landquart – Klosters per Autoverlad durch den Vereinatunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) oder über den Flüelapass ins Unterengadin auf H27
- Von Osten: via Landeck / Österreich in Richtung St. Moritz auf H27
- Von Süden: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) oder Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) auf H27
Von Scuol aus erreicht man Vnà auf der Engadinerstrasse weiter Richtung Martina.
- Kostenlose Parkplätze eingangs Dorf vorhanden.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.