Show all 3 images
The time of origin of today's church building is in the dark. After the Turmoil of Graubünden in the middle of the 17th century and throughout the 18th century, there were great tensions with neighbouring Ramosch, as the Graubünden Synod Vnà had approved its own pastor, but the much larger Ramosch made this agreement more difficult with various conditions. One of the disadvantages for Vnà was that the village did not have its own cemetery and thus every funeral was an official act in which Ramosch was involved.
The church tower with a one-storey bell room and a two-tiered opening in each direction carries a rather flat tent roof over eyelashes. The floor plan of the nave, which is covered with a hipped roof, is strikingly asymmetrical. The choir, which is without a sound cover, closes the choir, separated from the church by a round arch and covered by a filigree net vault, in the middle of which is the baptismal table, on which the Lord's Supper is also celebrated according to Reformed Graubünden custom. A small round window in the choir shows the open Bible and thus emphasizes the Reformation principle "Sola scriptura". In 1963, murals were uncovered and preserved as part of a restoration.
For a long time, Vnà formed a parish with Ramosch and was also in pastorate communion with Tschlin, Strada and Martina. Since 1 January 2014, there has been a merged parish of Valsot. It belongs to colloquium VIII Engiadina Bassa – Val Müstair in the Evangelical Reformed Church of Graubünden.
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Scuol-Tarasp.
- By PostBus from Scuol to Ramosch/Vnà.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
From Scuol you can reach Vnà on the Engadinerstrasse in the direction of Martina.
- Free parking available at the entrance village.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.