Show all 7 images
Somalgors 74, 7559 Tschlin
Traditionally executed sgraffito, which also function as digital portals as scannable QR codes via the smartphone. With the specially programmed application "Fatschadas", the first augmented reality sgraffito in the Engadin can be experienced.
The old tradition of sgraffito is based on a scraping technique in which ornaments are scratched into the still damp house façade plaster in freehand work or by means of stencils. Through attached ornaments, such as mythical animal figures and texts with personal mottos, family culture, social positions, achievements and moral positions became visible on the house facades, which demonstratively carried out what the owners wanted to stand for. The sgraffito thus helped to shape the public streetscape of the Engadin in a lasting way.
The SOMALGORS74 project uses digital media to expand this creative and communicative tradition of sgraffito. Every six months, artists, graphic artists and poets develop new, virtual designs that deal with the Engadine tradition of sgraffito as an ornamental medium of communication in public space. With this project, the cultural initiative SOMALGORS74 hopes to spark the debate about the tradition and future of sgraffito.
The application Fatschadas can be downloaded at: https://somalgors74.ch/somalgors74/fatschadas-application
More information: https://www.rtr.ch/novitads/grischun/engiadina/sgrafit-daventa-porta-digitala
Here's how it works:instructions DE / instructions EN
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Scuol-Tarasp.
- Take the PostBus from Scuol from Martina to Strada and change to Tschlin.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
From Scuol you can reach Tschlin in about 20 minutes on the road towards Martina.
- Free parking available at the entrance to the village
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.