Show all 3 images
The Funtana Cotschna is weakly mineralized, but has a high fill. The water is therefore added to the drinking water for the population of Scuol when necessary. The mineral water can be tasted directly at the fountain, which is located on the hiking trail to the Lischana Hut. On the other side of the Lischana stream, a small waterfall can sometimes be seen.
Calcium Ca2+: 190 mg/l
Magnesium Mg2+: 41 mg/l
Fluoride F-: 1.8 mg/l
Hydrogen carbonate HCO3-: 154 mg/l
Sulphate SO42-: 478 mg/l
On site at the springs the information is given in Romansh and German. The information in English can be downloaded here. Alternatively, a printed version is available from the Scuol visitor information centre.
Not accessible in snow
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), which leaves hourly from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau and Upper Engadin, and get out at Scuol-Tarasp
- Take the Postbus, which leaves hourly from Martina, Sent, Ftan and Tarasp, to Scuol-Tarasp station
- Continue by Postbus with hourly service to the Postbus stop Scuol, San Jon
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters on the car transporter train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Lower Engadin on the H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria towards St. Moritz on the H27
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders – Martina) or the Ofen Pass (Val Müstair – Zernez) on the H27
Parking is available at the Lischana parking space.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.