Museum Schmelzra S-charl mit Bärenausstellung
Show all 4 images
The museum shows how, during 300 years, miners at Mot Madlain mined ore by hand to melt it (in the "Schmelzra") and thus obtain the coveted silver and lead. Tools and rolling stock from that time impressively show how the miners and farmers of that time lived. You can even crawl into the tunnels on guided tours.
In addition, permanent exhibition about the bear in Switzerland, including the 1904, at that time the last bear shot in Switzerland from S-charl. Not far from the museum, the new bear adventure trail offers further insights into the way of life of the large carnivore.
Open from 13 June to 17 October 2021
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Scuol, Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp.
- Then take the PostBus to S-charl, village (only in the summer months)
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27 to Scuol, Gurlaina, San jon
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Scuol, Gurlaina, San Jon
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27 to Scuol, Gurlaina, San Jon
Scuol is located directly on the Engadinerstrasse H27. Then by car from Scuol from the direction of S-charl (only accessible in summer).
- Paid parking directly in front of the museum (max. 2 hours) or a few 100 meters further at the entrance of S-charl village.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.