San Jon Dadaint spring
Show all 4 images
The main source of the mineral spring is about 15 meters above the Lischana stream in a small area. There are other pools around it. The highlight is the brownish spring tufa a little below, which with its stair-like appearance makes the San Jon Dadaint spring something very special.
Since there is no catchment, the water cannot be tasted.
Calcium Ca2+: 116 mg/l
Magnesium Mg2+: 36 mg/l
Hydrogen carbonate HCO3-: 325 mg/l
Sulphate SO42-: 163 mg/l
On site at the springs the information is given in Romansh and German. The information in English can be downloaded here. Alternatively, a printed version is available from the Scuol visitor information centre.
Not accessible in snow
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), which leaves hourly from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau and Upper Engadin, and get out at Scuol-Tarasp
- Continue by Postbus to the Postbus stop Scuol, San Jon
- From the Postbus stop about 20 minutes walk to the spring
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters on the car transporter train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Lower Engadin on the H27
- From the east: via Landeck/Austria towards St. Moritz on the H27
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders – Martina) or the Ofen Pass (Val Müstair – Zernez) on the H27
Scuol is located directly on Engadiner Strasse H27 (20-minute drive from the Vereina tunnel’s southern entrance).
Parking is available at the Lischana parking space.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.