Show all 8 images
The adventurous connecting route between the Lower Engadine and Val Müstair. Views, varied and scenically a dream.
A comfortable start from S-charl with a steady but easy incline, past alpine pastures along the mountain stream Clemgia. Everything leads over forest roads, wait after two short bridge crossings over two ramp-like climbs to the next hill - so it's time to get momentum. Once at the top, the valley opens up with a view of the Alp Astras and the idyllic surrounding nature. Here, fresh alpine products and the cozy atmosphere invite you for a short break before heading on the more demanding part of the tour. Now follows a single trail up to the top of the pass, which is easy to ride with a little concentration. Peppered with individual very short but steep sections, a little balance and technique is required here with the gravel bike. Once at the top, you can enjoy a unique view from one valley to the next. From here it is almost only downhill, the first passage over a rough gravel path may become a short pushing passage for the less experienced. After a few meters, however, you can already saddle up again and it follows a bumpy descent over gravel and easy trails to the height of Alp Champatsch. From here, the tour leads over forest roads and in between asphalted road down to Lü, Tschierv and via forest paths comfortably through the valley to Sta. Maria.
- For a longer tour, the «Muntada S-charl» can be attached from Scuol
- Detour to Alp Champatsch below the Pass da Costainas (mountain restaurant la Posa) for a break
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the tour starts. This tour requires a certain level of driving safety, balance and driving skills.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency number
Be considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers.The Graubünden mountain bike routes run to a large extent on single trails, which are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have priority.
Helmet, gloves, good footwear, glasses, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, bandages
S-charl - Alp Astras - Pass da Costainas - Lü - Tschierv - Fuldera - Valchava - Sta. Maria
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp station
- To shorten: then take the PostBus from Scuol-Tarasp to S-charl
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27 to Scuol (located directly on the Engadiner Strasse H27 – 20 minutes driving time from Vereina Südportal)
From Scuol you can reach S-charl in about 40 minutes
Paid parking available at the entrance of the village
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.