S-charl – Piz Amalia (return)
Show all 10 images
Varied and panoramic mountain hike to Piz Amalia (2,918 m.a.s.l.).
PostBus stop S-charl
PostBus stop S-charl
From the post bus stop S-charl approx. 3 km/320 meters altitude difference on a gravel road along the stream Clemgia to the alp Praditschöl. On the left the forest God Tablasot and on the right the God Schombrina. In Plan d'Immez the valley becomes more open. At the turnoff to Alp Praditschöl (information board Piz Amalia) in the direction of the alp and then left up the grassy slope. Geographically always to the right of the stream. Individual tracks/cattle trails are present. The ascent to the Piz is almost 4 km long, overcoming 884 meters in altitude. View towards the mountain, first keeping right on the wide ridge between Piz Mezdi and Piz Amalia up to the vegetation border (2'400 - 2'500 m). Then keep left and ascend to the saddle at the end of the valley between Piz Mezdi and Piz Amalia. Scree to gravel, in early summer snow fields. From the saddle (ca. 2'750) via the north ridge to the summit. No particular difficulties, trail tracks available. Worthwhile panoramic view from the Silvretta group over Piz Sesvenna to Val Müstair and Ortler. Return on the same path to Alp Praditschöl and to S-charl. Depending on your preference, choose a gentler or more direct descent route.
Note on the tour: Attention, from Alp Praditschöl there are no more signposts.
Alternative: Take the detour via Alp Astras (mountain inn) and back through the God da Tamangur, Europe's highest stone pine forest, to Plan d'Immez. At point 1'994 change to the left side of the river and follow the path to S-charl.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be mandatory before the tour start. This hike requires Alpine experience, orientation skills in pathless terrain, hiking boots and hiking equipment.
144 emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Good shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, first aid kit, food.
Carry Swisstopo map 25'000 (S-charl) and good orientation required.
Start in S-charl and follow the Clemgia stream for about 3km until Plan d'Immez and Alp Praditschöl. At the fork towards the alp, climb the grassy slope on the left (to the right of the stream)Follow the tracksView towards the mountain, first turn right on the wide ridge until you reach the vegetation border.Then keep to the left and climb up to the saddle at the end of the valleyFrom the saddle take the north ridge to the summitReturn the same as the way there
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp station.
- With the PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) hourly to the station Scuol-Tarasp
- Continue by PostBus with hourly connection to the PostBus stop S-charl
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela pass to Scuol. The summer village S-charl can be reached from Scuol in about 25 minutes.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Scuol and then also turn into the side valley Val S-charl.
- Due to the partly narrow road conditions we recommend the journey from Scuol to S-charl
- Public parking in Scuol (for a fee) and San Jon (free of charge) as well as in S-charl (for a fee, 1 day approx. CHF 5.-)
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.