Val Mingèr: Natur pur (retour)
Show all 7 images
A leisurely, short hike through a valley with an eventful history. From the mining area (hence the name Val Mingèr – Valley of the Miners) to a nature reserve left to its own devices. In addition to the good observation opportunities for deer and chamois, the hike offers a beautiful view from Sur il Foss.
Note: Dogs are not allowed in the Swiss National Park, not even on a leash. For more information and all protections, see nationalpark.ch/schutzbestimmungen.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the tour starts. This hike requires an elementary alpine experience, orientation, mountain boots are highly recommended.
144 Emergency, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency
- PostBus stop Scuol, Val Mingèr
- Pradatsch car park (1654 m above sea level) in Val S-charl
- Path over the clemgia and steps into a magnificent forest
- small meadow with short-cropped lawn
- through dry terrain overlooking the Val Foraz
- striking rock formation between Val Mingèr and Val Foraz, also called Hexenkopf or «Cheu da la stria»
- two stream crossings
- Path uphill with views of the striking pyramid of Piz Plavna Dadaint
- Leaving the closed forest
- Rest area Val Mingèr (2168 m a.s.l.)
- Way west, towards Sur il Foss
- steeply uphill to the pass of Sur il Foss (2317 m above sea level)
- on the same way back to the starting point Pradatsch
Variants There are also other variants
, e.g. a descent through <a href="https://www.outdooractive.com/r/23253232/" target="_blank">the Val Plavna to Tarasp or a continuation via the Fuorcla Val dal Botsch to Il Fuorn.
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp station
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp train station
- Continue by PostBus with hourly connection to the PostBus stop Scuol, Val Mingèr
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass to Scuol. The summer village of S-charl can be reached from Scuol in about 25 minutes.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Scuol and then also turn into the side valley Val S-charl
- Due to the sometimes narrow road conditions, we recommend the journey from Scuol to S-charl by PostBus
- Paid parking in Scuol and S-charl
- Free parking in Tarasp Fontana
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.