Alberto Giacometti Museum
Show all 9 images
The public collection of the hotelier Carlos Gross in the Pensiun Aldier inSent, has been collected in over 25 years all over the world and is the result of years of meticulous research and a great passion. It is one of the most complex public exhibitions of its kind and offers a deep and thorough insight into the artist's graphic work. It also shows unpublished and little-known works by Alberto Giacometti.
Since 2017, new works as well as the collection of artists' books (Livres d'artistes) have been added.
Some bronze sculptures by his brother and talented artist Diego Giacometti, who works in the background, are also on display. He was Alberto's most important model and his assistant in the Paris years. Gross also maintained a long-standing friendship with photographer Ernst Scheidegger, who was a close friend of Giacometti. Together, Gross and Scheidegger have built up a photo collection in over ten years, which can also be seen in the hotel. All prints were made especially for this collection and are signed by Scheidegger. Great contemporary witnesses in black and white.
For more information, see aldier.ch
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Scuol-Tarasp.
- By PostBus from Scuol to Sent, stop Plaz.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Sent can be reached directly from the Engadiner Strasse H27 (approx. 30 minutes driving time from Vereina Südportal).
Parking at the hotel or at the village square. Free parking at the village exit or at the sports field.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.