Show all 3 images
The mineral spring, set deep in a cistern, is located by the Inn bridge in Nairs, on the old connecting road to Tarasp. Opposite, on the left bank, is the old bathhouse Nairs (today a cultural centre) and behind it the Hotel Scuol Palace - two buildings from the golden age of spa tourism in the Lower Engadin.
Sodium Na+: 1030 mg/l
Potassium K+: 56 mg/l
Calcium Ca2+: 515 mg/l
Magnesium Mg2+: 112 mg/l
Chloride Cl-: 551 mg/l
Hydrogen carbonate HCO3-: 3090 mg/l
Sulphate SO42-: 599 mg/l
Yes, accompanying person helpful for wheelchair users
On site at the springs the information is given in Romansh and German. The information in English can be downloaded here. Alternatively, a printed version is available from the Scuol visitor information centre.
Accessible from spring to autumn
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), which leaves hourly from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau and Upper Engadin, and get out at Scuol-Tarasp.
- From the station about 30 minutes walk to Nairs
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters on the car transporter train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Lower Engadin on the H27
- From the east: via Landeck/Austria towards St. Moritz on the H27
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders – Martina) or the Ofen Pass (Val Müstair – Zernez) on the H27
Nairs is located directly on Engadiner Strasse H27 (20-minute drive from the Vereina tunnel’s southern entrance).
Parking is available in Nairs next to the Chasa Carola
Nairs, 7553 Tarasp
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.