Church of San Nicla Strada
The church of St. Nicholas in San Nicli (faction of the municipality of Tschlin) was built in the late 12th century. The Romanesque structure consists of a wide, single-nave nave, a semi-circular, overarched apse and a tower in front of the church entrance. Around 1500, a now badly damaged mural was created on the south-western front of the tower, which consisted of a painting of St. Christophorus, two coats of arms and a smaller st. Anthony's painting (according to Pöschel, K. d. Schw., GR, III). The different masonry structure of the top tower floor points to a subsequent elevation of the tower. Over the ship, which was originally very probably flat, a barrel vault resting on Lisenen was installed in 1718 (date above the apse' apse). At the same time, the ship's windows were changed, which were given baroque-cured bodies.
Around 1800, after the church was no longer in use, it was rebuilt as a farmhouse and until recently used as such.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Scuol-Tarasp.
- Via PostBus from Scuol from the direction of Martina. Stop San Nicla.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
With car from Scuol from the direction of Martina. Turn right over the bridge to San Nicla.
Parking available in front of the bridge and on the dirt road.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.