Church Brail

Evangelische Kirche San Tumasch Brail

Evangelische Kirch San Tumasch Brail
Evangelische Kirch San Tumasch Brail

Show all 4 images

Evangelische Kirch San Tumasch Brail
The services in Brail of the parish of Zernez take place in the 600-year-old church of San Tumesch.

Description

The building dates from 1415, the current church was built around 1650 and renovated for the last time in 1984/86. The panelling, gallery and pulpit date from 1650. The old wooden wall cabinet stands on the site of an earlier tabernaculum. The building dates from 1415, the current church was built around 1650 and renovated for the last time in 1984/86. The panelled gallery and pulpit date from 1650. The old wooden wall cabinet stands on the site of an earlier tabernaculum. In 1499, the little church in Brail was first mentioned in documents. It belonged to the Kaplanei Zernez and was reformed in 1553. In the years 1743 – 1834 a separate pastor worked, since then it has been looked after from Zernez.

Directions

Public Transport

  • Take the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Brail.

Directions

  • From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
  • From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
  • From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27

 

Parken

  • Free parking available in the village

Map

Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.