Kirche San Güerg Lavin
Show all 3 images
The church was built around 1480. A little later, the choir walls, the choir vault and the choir arch front wall were painted over the entire surface, presumably by an Upper Italian master. The result is a cycle of images which, thanks to its quality and original symbol reproduction, can be counted among the most valuable works of art in Graubünden. In 1529, when Lavin was introduced to the Reformation, the paintings were completely painted over with lime whitewashes. From 1955 to 1956, on the occasion of a church renovation, the cycle of paintings was rediscovered, uncovered and restored. Remarkable is the rare depiction of Jesus Christ with the three interlocking faces as a Trinity symbol.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (RhB) from Zernez or Sucol every hour to Lavin.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Lavin can be reached from the Engadinerstrasse H27
- Free parking available at the train station
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.