Lavin (Municipality of Zernez)
Show all 9 images
We get off the train, walk towards the cheese factory and bakery to the spacious village square. Striking mountains and dancing swallows in the deep blue sky are reflected in the windows of the palazzo-like houses and we think of a piazza in old Milan. A mountain biker rings the bell and waves to the hotel terrace. Tired and enthusiastic about a long day on the national park hike "Lais da Macun", we sit down for a convivial round of craftsmen, farmers, guests and hosts. The village of 213 inhabitants impresses with a rich cultural offer and extremely innovative inhabitants. Its reconstruction after the great fire of 1869 has given the Engadine village Italian features – also in the form of joie de vivre and cosmopolitanism. This is Lavin: Italianità Engiadinaisa.
Further information and tips can be found at engadin.com/lavin.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Lavin
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Free parking available in the village
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.