Muzeum Susch / Art Stations Foundation CH
Show all 12 images
The ensemble, consisting of the former rectory and the reception and farm buildings, was part of a rural monastery built in 1157 on the Flüela Pass and thus on the pilgrimage path to Rome and Santiago de Compostela, and supplemented by a brewery in the 19th century. For the museum, these existing structures were carefully restored and recombined with new annexes to create an inspiring complex for artistic production and education. Simultaneously a place of contemplation, research and intervention, MUZEUM SUSCH is defined by a series of permanent, site-specific installations by international contemporary artists that engage with the architecture and idiosyncratic structure of the site.
Opening hours and further information can be found at muzeumsusch.ch
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Susch
- Susch station stop – from there it is a 350m walk to the museum and bistro
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Susch is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (5 minutes drive from Vereina south portal)
Coming from the Lower Engadine (Vereina), there is a large car park on the left shortly before the turn-off to the Muzeum Susch. This is marked as the Muzeum Susch car park. The parking spaces are also free of charge
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.