Parkin «Not dal Mot» Sent
Show all 4 images
In the first half of the 20th century, the architect Nikolaus Hartmann built the Parkin for the Randulin Lüzza (Luzio) Crastan. When World War II broke out, he had to bury his dream of a villa in the Engadin. By then, the Parkin had been built with all its paths, a swimming pool, and a terrace for the house - but without a house. After the war broke out, the Parkin became overgrown, almost nothing was visible and all the paths became impenetrable. In May 1998, Not Vital bought the park. With his brother Duri, he began to restore the park. Over the years, sculptures were installed and architectural installations were built. For example, a house made of Murano glass was built - complete with stairs. Another house disappears into the ground at the push of a button. With the Parkin, SCARCH was born - a group of works in which Not Vital combines sculpture and architecture, and which he has now realised on every continent.
For prices and more information, visit notvital.com/fundazion/parkin-sent
- Entry to the park is only permitted with a guided tour.
- Enquiries about guided tours and registrations must be submitted to the Sent Tourist Office by the day before. Tel. +41 81 861 88 29 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours and further information can be found at notvital.com/fundazion/parkin-sent
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp
- By PostBus (from Scuol, Ftan, Martina, Sent, Vulpera, Tarasp, Ramosch, Vnà)
- Direct PostBus connection from Scuol Tarasp station to Sent
- From the north via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine to Sent.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nausers-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez)
Sent can be reached directly from the Engadine road H27 (approx. 25 minutes drive from Vereina south portal).
- Parking spaces at the beginning of the village and at the end of the village
- Few parking spaces also available on the village square
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.