Brail – Alp Barlas-ch – Val Pülschezza – Zernez
Show all 6 images
Scenically beautiful high-altitude trail with spectacular panoramic views towards the Upper Engadine over the flower-rich alpine meadows of Zernez. Depending on the season, accompanied by marmots and chamois. This route is suitable for experienced runners.
Right at the PostBus stop in Brail, the path leads upwards. Following the Via Engiadina you reach Alp Barlas-ch after about 3 km and 440 m altitude. Now, holding the altitude and following the path from valley to valley, follow first the Val Pülschezza, then the Val d'Urezza, Vallanzun and finally the Val Schivò. You cross small mountain streams again and again. It's worth taking a break every now and then to enjoy the view. Shortly before Alp Munt, after about 11.5 km, the sometimes quite steep descent through the forest to Zernez begins.
- Possibility to climb the Piz Urezza (2807 m above sea level) through the Val Pülschezza (attention, not marked!)
- At Pradea and Charbuneras you have the possibility to walk directly to Zernez. Nice zigzag trail.
- A visit to the National Park Centre or the family pool is recommended.
- Also suitable as a round trip: On the valley path on the left bank of the Inn to Prazet (Brail) from there in the direction of Alp Barlas-ch (+6 km)
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the tour starts.
144 Emergency, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency number
Brail, Alp Barlas-ch, Pradea, Alp da Munt, Zernez
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper Engadine or Scuol) hourly to Zernez
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Zernez train station, Gemeine Zernez (without parking fees)
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.