Guarda – Chamonna Tuoi CAS – Hinter Jamspitz
Show all 5 images
The ascent starts in Guarda on an alpine path into Val Tuoi. The trail leads along Alp Suot to Chamonna Tuoi CAS. The Chamonna Tuoi CAS is the ideal starting point for further ski tours and is usually open all winter.
Section 2: Chamonna Tuoi CAS-Hinter Jamspitz (3156 m. a.s.l.)
The tour starts at Chamonna Tuoi with a north-eastern ascent of about 150 metres. The tour then continues eastwards via Plan Furcletta. Below Piz Furcletta at about 2800 m. a.s.l. the tour continues to the transition to Jamtalferner between Hinter Jamspitz and Piz Urezzas. The Hinter Jamspitz is bypassed to the northeast until the Jamjoch (3034 m. a.s.l.). The summit leads over the steep north slope to Hinter Jamspitz (3156 m. a.s.l.) The last metres to the summit are done on foot. There are several downhill options, including the Jamtal Hütte DAV, Val Tasna or back to Guarda.
144 Emergency, First Aid I 1414 Mountain Rescue REGA I 112 International Emergency.
Tours in the winter mountains involve risks. Tourers are responsible for their own safety when off secured pistes and paths.
Climbing routes in alpine terrain requires good physical condition, serious preparation and technical knowledge of mountain sports. Hiking the described routes is at the hiker's own risk. For safe mountain sports, training under expert supervision is recommended. All contents are compiled with the greatest possible care. Tourism Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair AG (TESSVM) and the authors accept no responsibility for the topicality, correctness and completeness of the information provided. Liability claims of any kind against TESSVM and the authors are excluded. It is also advisable to check the daily avalanche bulletin: slf.ch
- Accessible by train and bus
- By Train (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Guarda station.
- By PostBus to the PostBus stop Guarda, cumün
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Guarda can be reached from the Engadine road H27 in 20 minutes driving time from the Vereina south portal.
- Paid parking at the entrance of the village Guarda
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.