Piz Lischana: S-charl – Scuol
Show all 7 images
After the start in S-charl, the path leads steadily uphill into Val Sesvenna. Shortly after Alp Sesvenna, the path branches off to the left and there is a steep, alpine (surefootedness required) ascent through the Fora da l'aua to the wide lake district Lais da Rims. The lunar landscape in the middle of the rough three-thousanders of the Sesvenna Group is recommended for a photo break. The chance to meet ibexes of the Sesvenna colony here is great. From the saddle "Fuorcla da Rims" (P. 2862) the Piz Lischana (3105 m above sea level) can be reached on an unmarked path along the southeast ridge. For the return, the same path is taken to the saddle. From here, the descent takes place north to the serviced Lischanahütte (SAC, 2500 m above sea level) and steeply continues through the Legföhren and later through the dense forest in Val Lischana to San Jon (1465 m above sea level, PostBus stop, restaurant) or Scuol (1198 m above sea level).
Alternatively, the Piz Lischana can be tackled from / to Scuol. Here are still a few more meters of altitude to cope with in the ascent.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour. This hike requires an elementary alpine experience, orientation skills, mountain boots are highly recommended.
The way to Piz Lischana is not marked and requires a head for heights.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Start in S-charl
path to Val Sesvenna After Alp Sesvenna turn
left Steep ascent to the Lake District
From the saddle Fuorcla da Rims (P. 2862) on an unmarked path to the Piz Lischana along the southeast ridge
Same way back to the saddle
Descent north to the Lischana hut
Steeply down through the valley to San Jon or Scuol
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp station
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp train station
- Continue with the PostBus with hourly connection to the PostBus stop S-charl
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass to Scuol and then into a side valley of the Lower Engadine. The summer village of S-charl can be reached from Scuol in about 25 minutes.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Scuol and then also turn into the side valley Val S-charl.
Due to the sometimes narrow road conditions, we recommend arriving by PostBus.
- Paid parking is available at the entrance to the village.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.