Spektakulärer Felsenweg im Val d'Uina
Show all 6 images
Directly from the village square in S-charl you start in a northeasterly direction. On the alpine road always following the stream "Aua da Sesvenna" you reach the idyllically situated Alp Sesvenna. This is hosted during the summer seasons. From the alp you choose the lower hiking trail over the alpine pastures and the stream to the entrance to Val Sesvenna. Along the torrent "Aua da Sesvenna" it goes through light pine forests up the valley over several flower-rich plains to the beginning of the valley. From here, the path climbs much steeper to the "Fuorcla Sesvenna" crossing. On the right side rises the mighty Piz Sesvenna with the glacier of the same name. With the Sesvenna hut in view, you now reach the Valle di Slingia, which is characterized by mountain meadows. The Sesvenna hut is hosted in summer and offers overnight accommodation. Over the Schlinig Pass it goes back to Switzerland, past the Alp Sursass to the narrow entrance to the rock path "Il Quar". The approximately 600-metre-long path, which was blown into the steep rock face, was laid out at the beginning of the twentieth century as an access to the Pforzheimer Hut. Already in the rock path the view opens up into the Val d'Uina, into which you now descend. The Alp Uina Dadaint is hosted and invites you to a refreshment for the rest of the way, which now leads back to the valley on a forest path. In Sur En directly at the exit of the valley you have refreshment stops and connection to the Postbus line via Sent to Scuol.
Schellen-Ursli filming location: Alpine descent and lumberjack work
The crash of the loaded wagon and part of the alpine retreat were filmed at Puntins Ots below the adventure and cultural trail of the same name in Val d'Uina.
All locations of the Schellen-Ursli film can be found here.
Divide your tour into several stages and plan an overnight stay at the AVS Sesvenna refuge. Availability and further information can be found here.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour. This hike requires an elementary alpine experience, orientation skills, hiking boots are recommended.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA112
International emergency call
Start in S-charl in a northeasterly direction to Alp Sesvenna
Right, in an easterly direction into Val SesvennaCrossing
the path to the Sesvenna hutIn a northwesterly direction over the Schlinig PassContinue
to Alp SursassTo
the north via Uina Dadaint and Uina Dadora through the Uina GorgeAbcut
to Sur En
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or Upper Engadine) and PostBus (from Tarasp, Sent or Ftan) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp station
- By post from Scuol several times a day to S-charl (no hourly intervals).
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass to Scuol. The summer village of S-charl can be reached from Scuol in about 25 minutes.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Scuol and then also turn into the side valley Val S-charl.
- Due to the sometimes narrow road conditions, we recommend the journey from Scuol to S-charl by PostBus
- Paid parking in S-charl, Sur En or Scuol (postbus connection from Scuol to S-charl and from Sur En to Scuol)
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.