Tarasp Fontana – Vulpera
Show all 3 images
Beautiful toboggan run with access from Tarasp against the backdrop of a fantastic castle scenery. The toboggan run leads along a prepared winter hiking trail, past a farm toward Vulpera.
Tarasp transmission masts
Before sledging, enjoy a wonderful walk from the bus stop Tarasp, Fontana on the left past the Lai da Tarasp (with the artwork «the Moon» by Not Vital). On the left you will see the imposing Tarasp Castle with its 1000-year history. After a somewhat steeper stretch up to the transmission mast, it is worth taking a look back every now and then to admire the hamlet of Fontana and Sparsels. After the transmitter mast, turn left onto the toboggan run. Sometimes a little steeper, sometimes a little flatter. After the stretch across the open meadow with views of Scuol and Sent, a small stream appears on the right-hand side of the path and accompanies you a little way down towards Vulpera. Continue past a farm with llamas, where the toboggan run separates from the hiking trail and you sledge the last stretch down to Vulpera. Once in Vulpera, you can take the bus or walk back through Vulpera via Gurlaina to Scuol.
In Chants, go to the farm shop and buy specialities like some Salsiz.
The trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report (please click). The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Sledges, high and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun protection, gloves and helmet recommended.
- From the Fontana bus stop directly left along the Lai da Tarasp (lake) up towards the transmitter mast
- Shortly after the transmitter mast the toboggan run begins on the left
- Follow the signposted winter trail, attention: this is sometimes also used by winter hikers
- The end is in Vulpera, where there is also a bus stop on the left
- Accessible by train and bus (but not directly to the cross-country ski trail entrance)
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau, Upper and Lower Engadine) hourly to Scuol
- By PostBus from Scuol railway station hourly to Tarasp Fontana
- From Tarasp Fontana stop 30 minutes on foot
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez-Scuol) on H27
- Tarasp can be reached from Scuol in 10 minutes via the Inn bridge on the H27
- Free parking available in Tarasp
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.