Way of St. James Graubünden. Stage 2, Lü – S-charl
«Tamangur» – the fairytale name of Europe's highest stone pine forest – crowns the hiking day. Steep trail over the old Pass da Costainas with a pleasant descent past Alp Astras to the idyllic village of S-charl.
On tranquil alp and pass paths – From Lü, the path climbs steadily to Champatsch Alp. The Champatsch alp buildings were rebuilt in 1986; the old houses from 1825 are now in the Ballenberg Open-Air Museum. Short steep ascent to the Pass da Costainas at 2,251 m. This is followed by a long and pleasant descent via Alp Astras and Praditschöl to S-charl. Alternative: From Alp Astras on the right side of the valley through the well-known Tamangur stone pine forest.
Lü, Alp Chmpatsch, Pass da Costainas, Alp Astras, left Alp Praditschol or right Tamangur, S-charl
- By train (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Zernez.
- By PostBus from Zernez to the PostBus stop Fuldera, cumün.
- Continue by PostBus from Fuldera, cumün to the PostBus stop Lü, cumün
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Zernez on the H27. From Zernez on the H28 into Val Müstair as far as Fuldera (40 minutes' drive from Vereina south portal).
- From the east: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border in Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Fuldera.
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border in Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Fuldera.
Lü is located above Fuldera and can be reached via a side road in 10 minutes by car.
- Free parking at the entrance of the village Lü
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.