Evangelical Church of San Maurizius Zernez
From a medieval predecessor of today's early Baroque complex, the preserved Romanesque tower testifies. In the 15th century, the Patrozinium St. Mauritius is handed down. Knight Rudolf von Planta donated a new building, which was built in 1607 in the shell and completed in 1609.
In the interior of the church there are extraordinary stuccoes in the style of the early Baroque for Graubünden, mainly with richly decorated fruit motifs. In the choir there is a communion table from 1725, around which several epitaphs of important Zernenz families are stored. The organ from 1741 with a tripartite façade stands on a gallery above the choir, which dates back to 1741/1742. Right next to it is the smaller San Bastian Church.
The opening hours can be found at zernez-ref.ch
- With the Rhaetian Railway (Landquart, St. Moritz, Pontresina and Scuol) every hour to Zernez
- With postbus (from Malles/Müstair)
- With Engadinbus from La Punt-Chamues-ch
- From Zurich - via Landquart – Prättigau – Klosters - Davos – Flüela Pass – Susch to Zernez. Other access passes are via Chur-Thusis-Tiefencastel via the Albula Pass (only open in summer) or the Julier Pass. In case of snow, a crossing over the passes is usually only permitted with chains or 4x4 vehicles.
- From the east: Via Landeck/Austria – along the Engadine Sterasse - Scuol – Zernez
- From the south: Via Ofen Pass (Val Müstair), from Livigno or via Reschen Pass – Scuol, as well as from the Upper Engadin via Samedan – Zuoz to Zernez
In case you want to avoid a pass trip by car, there is the possibility to load the car onto the rails, from Klosters/Selfranga to Sagliains/Lavin and vice versa (guests remain seated in the car).
- Free in the Alossai car park, the community centre car park or the family bath car park.
- Other parking spaces at the train station and at Prà da Punt can also be used for several days.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.