(Mineral) Water Positioning Project
With the project «Overall concept for (Mineral) Water Positioning», the DMO Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG (TESSVM) has already been working intensively on this topic for several years with all relevant water stakeholders in the region.
Gradually, various effects should be perceptible. Many are long-term projects and need more time and the help of many participants until results become visible. The long-term positioning effect of the measures has priority.
- The mineral water is used as a central and historical strength for a comprehensive positioning of «water».
- Historical sites are preserved and revitalised. The sites are used.
- The entire chain of experiences is made continuous: historical sites, theme trails, Bogn Engiadina, fountains, holiday tips, excursions, bookable offers, competence centre, etc.
The (mineral) water becomes more visible and experienceable for the locals and guests.
- New points of attraction increase demand and generate new guests.
- The offers create direct and indirect added value in the region.
About the project
In a preliminary project, fields of action for a possible positioning project were defined and the participating companies, providers and institutions were interviewed. On the basis of this preliminary work, the relevant partners for an NRP project (financially supported by the New Regional Policy) and an initial structure of possible measures were defined. Over a period of three years, those responsible for the project worked on various sub-projects involving a total of around ten institutions. Thanks to broad support, the TESSVM was able to find a cooperation with the municipality of Scuol immediately after the project was completed at the end of 2020, which made it possible to continue working on the (Mineral) Water Positioning. Since the initial project work, the municipality of Scuol and the political region have played a very central role, as have providers of tourist services in connection with water. Finally, the responsibility for the actual offer and the infrastructure lies with the partners. The TESSVM has a coordinating and planning role in the process, as the tourism organisation itself does not operate any services and does not have any infrastructure. Nevertheless, the positioning project still wants to make implementation possible.
Common charta d'intent
The holiday region Engadin Scuol Zernez wants to consistently address the topic, use it for tourism and increase its regional value. At the end of 2017, various partners undertook to make their contribution to achieving the goals of the (Mineral) Water Positioning and to support the project on a broad basis. The project partners have announced this intention in a common «charta d'intent» for the overall concept of (Mineral) Water Positioning.
The mineral water in the media
- (Mineral-)Wasser – gestern, heute und morgen (24.11.20, in German)
- Conclusion anniversary as well as retrospective and outlook of the (Mineral) Water Positioning (3.2.20)
- Projektstart (Mineral-)Wasserpositionierung Engadin Scuol (11.12.17, in German)
- Konsequente Ausrichtung auf das Mineralwasser (14.9.17, in German)