Mit den Schwalben durch Lavin
The swallow is to a certain extent the national animal of the Engadine, even several songs have dedicated it to it. Because swallow does not only mean the bird, but also the many Engadine people who had to emigrate in the past centuries for economic reasons. Plagued by homesickness, they returned to their homeland during the summer to move away again in autumn – like the birds.
Now seven panels in Lavin illuminate the life of the birds and contrast this with the life of a human swallow and thus also give an insight into the history of the village.
The entrance board is located at the Volg, to the rest lead the colored birds on the ground. If you can't find them all, you don't have to worry, the boards are designed in such a way that they also work individually and are informative.
- Clothing adapted to the weather.
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper Engadine or from Scuol) every hour to Lavin station.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Lavin is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (2 minutes drive from Veraina south portal)
- Paid parking at the train station in Lavin
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.