Mot dal Gajer
Show all 4 images
From the bus stop in the middle of the small mountain village of S-charl (at 1,800 m above sea level.M.) to the Gasthaus Crusch Alba. Immediately after the terrace of this hotel, turn right and cross a bridge to the other side of the river «La Clemgia». This is where the trail begins. The signpost points in the direction of "Ils Mürins". The path is rather steep, but there are always flatter passages until the forest has passed and a beautiful view opens up! From here there is no longer an official route, but the destination is clearly recognizable, because it is right in front of the eyes, namely the Mot dal Gajer. On the Mot dal Gajer the view extends to Italy, Austria and the Bernina Group in the Upper Engadine.
The descent runs on the other side of the mountain. First the path leads to the Fuorcla Schombrina and then down to Alp Schombrina. From here there is again a hiking trail that leads down to the river «la Clemgia». On the wide natural road the path leads back to S-charl.
Note on the tour: Attention, between Mürins - Mot dal Gaier as well as Fuorcla Schombrina and Plan d'Immez there is no signposting.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA112
International emergency call
Sturdy footwear, weather-adapted clothing, possibly Sticks and binoculars
Carry Swisstopo map 25'000 (S-charl) and good orientation provided.
After the Hotel Crusch Alba follow
the signs to Ils Mürins on the right When the trail stops, free ascent to the summitAbstieg
on the other side via Fuorcla SchombrinaContinue
to Alp Schombrina and follow the riveralp
road back to S-charl
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp station
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp train station
- Continue with the PostBus with hourly connection to the PostBus stop S-charl
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass to Scuol and then into a side valley of the Lower Engadine. The summer village of S-charl can be reached from Scuol in about 25 minutes.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Scuol and then also turn into the side valley Val S-charl.
Due to the sometimes narrow road conditions, we recommend arriving by PostBus.
- Paid parking is available at the entrance to the village.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.