Archaeological sites Zernez
Execution site Fuorcha
It is located between the municipalities of Susch and Zernez on the right-hand side of the River Inn. The fuorcha consists of two massive stone pillars, each 4 metres high and 1.5 metres in diameter at the base, which stand about 6 metres apart on a small plain inserted into the slope towards the Inn. The wooden beam on which the condemned delinquents were hanged was fixed to the pillars. To the east of it stretches the God da Güstizia, the «courthouse forest», where an idyllic fireplace invites you to barbecue.
- By Rhaetian Railway (Landquart, St. Moritz, Pontresina and Scuol) hourly to Zernez
- By post bus (from Malles/Müstair)
- With Engadinbus from La Punt-Chamues-ch
- From Zurich - via Landquart - Prättigau - Klosters - Davos - Flüela Pass - Susch to Zernez. Other access passes are via Chur-Thusis-Tiefencastel over the Albula Pass (only open in summer) or the Julier Pass. In snowy conditions, crossing the passes is usually only permitted with chains or 4x4 vehicles
- From the east: Via Landeck/Austria - along the Engadine Terrace - Scuol - Zernez
- From the south: Via Ofen-Pass (Val Müstair), from Livigno or via Reschen-Pass - Scuol, as well as from the Upper Engadine via Samedan - Zuoz to Zernez
If you would like to avoid a pass journey by car, there is the option of loading the car onto the rails from Klosters/Selfranga to Sagliains/Lavin and vice versa (guests remain in the car).
- Free of charge at the Alossai car park, the community centre car park or the family swimming pool car park
- Other parking spaces at the railway station and at Prà da Punt can also be used for several days.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.