Brail – Alp Barlas-ch – Alp Munt – Zernez
Show all 5 images
Beautiful panoramic hike from Brail to Zernez.
PostBus stop Brail
Zernez train station
Right at the bus stop in Brail the path leads uphill, where you turn right and walk through beautiful meadows to the turn-off to Alp Barlas-ch on Via Engadina. Now the ascent begins on the beautiful little alpine road up to Alp Barlas-ch, which invites you to take a first break. During the break you can enjoy the panoramic view toward the Upper Engadine and the opposite side of the valley. From here the path leads across a meadow to the first ravine. This is followed by a short but very steep descent toward Alp Pülschezza, before the little-used path continues along the slope through light woodland to the turn-off to Brail at about 2000 metres. Now you slowly climb again along the path to Val Plüschezza. Here you leave the forest and continue to hike from valley to valley, thereby crossing numerous smaller mountain streams. First into Val d'Urezza, then Vallanzun via Val Schivò. This is where the sometimes quite steep descent begins, which shortly before Alp Munt continues through the forest and down to Zernez.
Stay overnight or take a detour to the sun terrace of Switzerland's smallest 5* hotel, the IN LAIN Hotel Cadonau. Highest service quality and warm hospitality, a great ambience and finest culinary delights!
Die Tour wurde bei günstigen Witterungsverhältnissen bewertet, die aktuellen Witterungsverhältnisse und Wettervorhersagen müssen vor dem Tourenstart zwingend beachtet werden.
1414 Bergrettung REGA
112 Internationaler Notruf
Good shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, first aid kit, food. Wind and/or rain jacket are recommended, as you will be walking at over 2,000 m for a long time.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper Engadine or Scuol) hourly to Cinuos-chel/Brail and then with the Engadinbus (line 7) to Brail.
- From Zernez with the Engadinbus from the station square in Zernez several times a day to Brail
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass on the H27 to Brail.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27.
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27.
- Brail lies directly on the Engadine road
In Brail there are a limited number of PP in the village centre, at the multi-purpose building.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.