Plan dal Növ – Guarda
Show all 3 images
Scenic sledging fun high above Guarda along the Schellen-Ursli trail.
PostBus stop Guarda, cumün
PostBus stop Guarda, cumün
At the edge of Guarda village, a path leads up into Val Tuoi. At the first crossroads, the trail turns right. Beware, there may be sledders on the way here! Once you reach the edge of the forest, the middle path leads north to Plan dal Növ, where the toboggan run begins. The ascent takes about 40 minutes. Once you reach the edge of the forest, the trail turns right. The toboggan run begins steeply with a sharp right-hand bend and then leads through the forest in several short successive narrow bends. At the end of the forest, the trail flattens out again and offers a beautiful view of Guarda.
Note the wildlife rest zone where the start of the toboggan run is located. It is not allowed to sledge or walk above the official entry point. In addition, the toboggan run is used as a winter hiking trail, so please be considerate of pedestrians.
The toboggan run is also the Schellen-Ursli winter trail. At Plan dal Növ there is a Maiensäss where the story can be read.
The trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be observed before starting.
Attention: the trail is partly used by winter hikers, snowshoe hikers and sledders at the same time.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Sledges, high and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun protection, gloves and helmet recommended.
- At the edge of the village of Guarda up into Val Tuoi
- Turn right at the crossroads
- From the edge of the forest, take the middle path to the north
- Follow the path to Plan dal Növ
- Continue to the edge of the forest where the toboggan run begins
- Descend to Guarda
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Guarda station
- Several times daily PostBus connection to Guarda station,cumün
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Guarda can be reached from the Engadine road H27 at Giarsun in approx. 5 minutes (10 minutes drive from Vereina south portal)
- Paid parking at the entrance to Guarda village
- Free parking at Guarda railway station, staziun
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.