Schellen-Ursli: Film & filming locations
On 15 October 2015, Ursli with the shaggy black hair, the too-short trousers and the pointed cap came to the cinema. To this day, the Schellen-Ursli film still brings a smile to the faces of young and old alike.
Facts about the film
- Official homepage of the film: schellen-ursli.com
- Producers: C-Films and La Siala Entertainment GmbH
- Director: Xavier Koller
- The audience figure of over 400,000 viewers was exceeded after only three months.
- Prix Walo for Best Cinema Film 2015
- Film distribution: Frenetic Films
Show all 5 images
With very few exceptions, the film was shot entirely in the Lower Engadine and shows the diversity of the Lower Engadine mountains, gorges, snow-covered Alps and Engadine villages.
Cheese washed up in the Spöl near Zernez
The cheese remains of the Uorsin family's fallen hay cart are washed up in the stream – a «found food» for Armon and his son Roman. The stream is actually called Spöl, rises at Lago di Livigno and flows into the Inn at the foot of the Ofen Pass near Zernez. Its water is used to produce electricity between Lago di Livigno and Ova Spin.
Hiking trail above the Spöl to the Ova Spin reservoir
Visit to the National Park Centre