Show all 4 images
One hundred years ago, the Dutch conductor Willem Mengelberg, a prominent figure in the music avant-garde of the twentieth century, undertakes a hike from his resort Scuol-Tarasp from the direction of Fimberpass to The Paznaun. He comes by in Zuort and is enthusiastic about this mystical place. His summer residence is to become his place.
In addition to a chalet he designed, which was completed in 1911, he bought the farm with agriculture from the Frigg family in 1920.
Under the guidance of the Schnätzer Häfner from Strada and the Lucerne Furrer, the construction of a chapel (block construction) begins. Artful furnishings, church benches and altarare are made according to Mengelberg's specifications. In 1928, the work was essentially completed. The chimes, a so-called carillon with 15 bells, are also made by the Rüetschi bell foundry from Aarau and installed on the first of the chapel. The chimes still work today, even if it is no longer regularly served as it was in Aunt Elly's time in the 80s.
A mechatronic upgrade with electronic keyboard is planned. Then the carillon will resound daily.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp
- With PostBus (from Scuol, Vulpera, Ftan, Sent, Strada, Ramosch, Vnà, Martina)
- Seend by PostBus from Scuol-Tarasp to Val Sinestra, Sent.
- In Ramosch turn towards Vnà
- Vnà and follow the road to Hof Zuort for 4.5 km
- parking near the chapel Mengelberg or .dem farm zuort available
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.