Museum Schmelzra S-charl with bear exhibition
Show all 4 images
The museum shows how, during 300 years, miners at Mot Madlain have mined ore by hand in order to melt it (in the "Schmelzra") and thus reach the coveted silver and lead. Tools and rolling stock from that time show impressively how the miners and farmers of that time lived. Even crawling into the tunnels can be done on guided tours.
Additional permanent exhibition about the bear in Switzerland, including the bear from S-charl, then the last bear from S-charl, which was killed in Switzerland in 1904. Not far from the museum, the new bear adventure trail offers further insights into the way of life of the large predator.
Open from 13 June to 17 October 2021
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Scuol, Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp.
- Seend by PostBus to S-charl, village (only in the summer months)
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27 to Scuol, Gurlaina, San jon
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Scuol, Gurlaina, San Jon
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofen Pass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27 to Scuol, Gurlaina, San Jon
Scuol is located directly on the Engadinerstrasse H27. Then by car from Scuol from the direction of S-charl (only accessible in summer).
- Free parking directly in front of the museum (max. 2 hours) or a few 100 meters further at the entrance of S-charl Dorf.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.