45.07 Zernez-Lavin, National Park Panorama Trail
Show all 3 images
Last stage of the National Park Panorama Trail with a view of the unique lake plateau of Macun.
Already during the ascent you can enjoy a magnificent view in the direction of the Upper Engadin. It is worthwhile to attach a small additional loop to Lai da Dragun on the plateau. According to legend, this lake is inhabited by a small dragon. The unique lake plateau of Macun with over 20 large and small mountain lakes is located in the municipality of Lavin. The king of the Alps, the ibex, can be observed particularly well here, as this lake plateau, which is part of the Swiss National Park, is populated by an ibex colony. In addition to the actual attraction, the deep blue mountain lakes, the view of the surrounding peaks of the Silvretta Group is also captivating.
Unique lake scenery of Macun
The tour was rated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour.
144 emergency call, first aid
1414 mountain rescue REGA
112 international emergency number
Good shoes, rain and sun protection, drinking bottle, food, bandages
By train (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from Upper-Engadine or from Scuol) hourly to Zernez
By post bus (from Mals and Val Müstair) hourly to Zernez
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Zernez is located directly on the Ofenpass and on the Engadine road H27 (10 minutes drive from Vereina south portal.
- free parking at the station Zernez
- free parking below the national parc visitor centre
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.