Show all 9 images
One group of paintings and pictures focuses on the mountain and animal world. Mountain panoramas, the bearded vulture, the roosters, wild flower meadows, etc. In these paintings, the painter's attachment to living nature, but also her deep roots in nature, are strongly expressed. The other group of pictures, however, deals with the Engadine village community, with its typical ways of life and old traditions. Among these pictures, the Schlittadas, the sleigh driving motifs and the Chalandamarz depictions stand out above all. The artist also seems to be fascinated by this magic. Perhaps behind their depiction of this ancient custom lies man's longing for the pure and original and, in the end, for that which remains eternal. Strong abstract representations have additionally characterized her work in recent years.
Opening hours and further information can be found at engadinerkunst.ch
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Susch.
- Train station stop Susch - from there it is 300m on foot to the studio gallery "Engadinerkunst".
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Susch is located directly on the Engadiner Strasse H27 (5 minutes driving time from Vereina Südportal)
Parking in the village
Via Grava 68, 7542 Susch
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.